Welcome to our website! Uptown Crossing Neighborhood Association (UCNA) is a sub-neighborhood association of the larger Sherman Park Community Association in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Our goal is to help organize our little corner of Sherman Park to better meet the needs of our area as well as the larger association.
Uptown Community Garden of Peace
Our latest project is the new Uptown Community Garden of Peace at 2321-2325 N. 45th St. Right next to Walgreen’s on North Avenue.
The garden is dedicated to peace and harmony on the streets of Milwaukee. We are calling for an end to the violence that has hurt so many people!
Here are the details:
Uptown Crossing Neighborhood Association (UCNA) Town Hall with Mayor Barrett
When: October 29, 2014 6-8 PM
Where: SOS Center 4620 W. North Ave.
Please come ready to learn and share your ideas for making our neighborhood even better!
Be sure to spread the word to your neighbors by sharing this email or printing out the attached flyer.
October 21, 2014 SOS Center
4620 W. North ave 6:00-8:00 pm
- 6:00-6:10-Welcome by Tyrone Dumas Director of the SOS Center
- 6:10-6:45-Introduction and Reports from Partnering Neighborhood groups (Who we are what we’re working on)
- 6:45-6:50-Explanation of Rules
- 6:50-7:00 Opening Statements (A Previous coin toss should decide who goes first) 5 minutes each
- 7:00-7:30 Questions from the Organized Groups involved. 38th-41st Street Block Club, Uptown Crossing Neighborhood Assoc (UCNA), Metcalfe Park, Hadley Residents’ Council. Each group will ask 2 questions each, we will allow 3 minutes for each candidate to respond, followed by 1 minute follow ups).
- 7:30-7:45 Questions from the Audience
- 7:45-7:55 Closing Statements by candidates (5 minutes each)
- 7:55-8:00 Thanks and closing